Garlic is well known as a natural health remedy that may help in curing of various diseases.
Garlic contains more than 200 active compounds and many of them are important for prevention of many diseases. It is rich in minerals: sulfur, calcium, phosphorus, iron, carbohydrates, sulfur’s essential oils, nitrogen’s substances, vitamins: A, C, B1 and B2. Important garlic ingredients are allicin (from this ingredient comes garlic’s smell), which has strong antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal activity and amino acids that are rich in sulfur, which is strong antioxidant.
In numerous studies is proved that garlic has significant role of cancer preventing and also significantly reduces cholesterol levels and prevents the reduction of atherosclerosis of the blood vessels.
Garlic Helps in
- Organic components in garlic, which contains sulfur, reduce cholesterol and act preemptively to malignant diseases.
- Amino acids in garlic reduce “bad” cholesterol (LDL) in plasma and increase the concentration of “good” cholesterol (HDL) and triglycerides, even when consuming a lot of fatty foods.
- Effects in maintaining of elasticity of the blood vessels and reduces blood viscosity.
- Adenosine in garlic stops blood clotting.
- Normalizes accelerated heart working. Improves the blood vessels function that are supplying the heart muscle with blood, which leads to better heart function and reduces the tendency to thrombosis and also leads to lower blood pressure by 5 percent to 10 percent.
- Garlic has strong antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal activity.
- Improves the digestion and stomach’s working.
- Helps the work of liver, kidney and prostate.
- Helps in the treatment of various diseases of the lungs and it is extremely effective in treating flu and bronchitis.
- Strong antioxidant activity.
- Improves the mood, effects positively against stress, anxiety and fatigue.
- Acts against intestinal parasites.
- Interesting is the fact that garlic is especially important for nursing mothers and infants who are breastfeeding. If the mother has consumed garlic, baby will drink more milk and will not has increased stomach cramps. This can be useful for mothers whose babies has no appetite.
- Garlic improves the immunity and increases the production of antibodies in the body.
Garlic helps in better working of a human body.
Recommended intake is 600 to 900 mm daily.