The olive is one of the most precious gifts of the nature. The great importance of the olive tree, is the olive which contains up to 35% of oil. Because of this, today the olive oil has great importance in nutrition, medicine and cosmetics.
Olive oil is known as “Mediterranean Gold”
The heavy smell of olive oil is a sign of poor quality of olive oil. Olive oil has many delightful aromas and flavors. High quality olive oil has a slight bitter taste, greenish color and fruit’s smell. Good olive oil has origin from Greece, Portugal, Italy, Texas, California.
Olive Oil Tips
There are 3 types of olive oil:
- Extra virgin olive oil is the highest quality olive oil. It comes from the first pressing of the olives. In this process the seeds of the fruit must not be crushed. This procedure is without presence of heat.
- Provence olive oil is second quality olive oil. In this process the olives are squeezed and also the seeds of the olive but, without heat usage.
- Olive oil known as a Timber olive oil, is oil with lowest quality. It is a product of the second process of the remain ingredients in the processing of the Province olive oil. This time in presence of hat. The remains of this process is used for manufacture soaps and technical oils.
Uses and Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Nutritionists says that Extra virgin olive oil is very healthy food, rich in chlorophyll, carotene, lecithin (a natural antioxidant that stimulates the metabolism of fats, sugars and proteins), polyphenol (antioxidants) and essential vitamins E and K, oleocanthal, omega-3, omega-6 fatty acids etc.
Extra virgin olive oil strengthens the immunity. The benefits of this oil are proved in a many studies. World’s known doctors and experts, recommend olive oil as a natural medicine, for internal and for external usage.
Uses and benefits of olive oil
- Relieves inflammatory processes in the digestive system.
- Olive oil can be use in treating skin ulcers and hemorrhoids.
- Helps in treating eczema and psoriasis.
- Helps in ejecting the stone from the gall.
- Improves the functioning of the joints.
- Olive oil effects positive against diabetes.
- Olive oil is an excellent choice for people who have high cholesterol, high blood pressure and high sugar level in the blood.
- Olive oil has an anti-cancer action.
- Rich in antioxidants.
Dr. Javier Menendez from the Catalan Institute of Oncology and Dr. Antonio Segura Carretero from the University of Granada, made series of tests that determined that Extra virgin olive oil contains an ingredients which help in killing of malignant cells. Polyphenols are antioxidants components of olive oil which reduce the acts of HER2 gene, which influence breast cancer. Oleic acid is an important ingredient which also prevents the development of HER2 gene. It is proved that Extra Virgin olive oil helps in preventing breast cancer, skin cancer and large intestine cancer.
Olive oil is also a part of the home pharmacy. Effectively helps in treating dry and damaged skin, dry hair, has anti dandruff effects.
Advice : Take 2 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil daily and you will have healthy body.