Nearly every woman has a problem with vaginal yeast infections. Symptoms of yeast infection are: white and thick vaginal discharge, unpleasant smell, itching, even burning when urinating and sometimes painful sex.
Prevention against Vaginal Yeast Infections
- Wearing cotton underwear. Cotton clothes allows skin breathing. Synthetic underwear causes skin sweating and disables it to breathe. This is an ideal environment for fungal proliferation.
- Tights and leggings from synthetic materials can cause sweating in the vaginal area.
- Avoid tight underwear and tight pants or jeans.
- Do not use perfumed vaginal cleansing and washes. You should also avoid perfumed towels and perfumed toilet paper. Perfumes can disrupt the natural balance of the vagina.
- Таке а shower with lukewarm water. If you are prone to fungal infections, forget hot bath.
- According some studies, women who often have problems with yeast infections, have a higher chance of diabetes. Because of this, this women must control their sugar intake and occasionally do blood sugar test.
- Take enough vitamins and minerals. Usually, yeast infection occurs when immunity is decreased.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Consuming yogurt and garlic reduce occurrence of yeast infections.
- Stress has a major role in the occurrence of the yeast infections. Try to reduce stress.
- Antibiotics change the level of bacteria in the vagina and also disrupt vaginal pH. Take them only when it is necessary.
Follow these rules and you will reduce the chances of vaginal yeast infections recurrence.