The heart of pomegranate is rich with small, red grains which contain seeds. This is the part of pomegranate which is nutritious.
Pomegranate has low percentage of saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium and а high amounts of: fiber, vitamins A, B5, C, K and folic acid. Since minerals, the most common are: iron, calcium, potassium, phosphorus.
Numerous studies has proved that pomegranate has high antioxidant properties, greater than those one from green tea and grapes. Antioxidant properties neutralize the harmful radicals effects on the cells. This prevents aging process and also prevents the occurrence of various diseases.
Nutritive Values of Pomegranate
The great significance of pomegranate is it’s refreshing effect thanks to vitamin C. Pomegranate is also rich in iron, which is good for blood and has high antioxidant capacity thanks to phytochemicals: polyphenols, tannins and anthocyanins. Because of this, pomegranate is recommended for pregnant women.
Health Benefits of Pomegranate
- In research published “Clinical nutrition” in 2004, is proved that pomegranate reduces systolic blood pressure.
- In other studies published in “Journal of medicinal food” is proved that pomegranate reduces “bad” cholesterol in the body.
- Pomegranate is rich antioxidant.
- Pomegranate has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Helps in preventing of blood vessels and heart diseases.
- In research published in “Proceedings of National Academy of Science in 2005, is proved that pomegranate juice has high anti–cancer activity on the prostate’s cells. In this research is proved that pomegranate has the ability to slow the growth of the cancer cells and may destroy them.
- Prevents occurrence and skin cancer spread.
- Prevents occurrence and breast cancer spread.
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Pomegranate contains materials very similar to estrogen which affects on hormone levels in our body. Because of this, pomegranate relieves symptoms in the period of climax.
In modern medicine there is an unwritten rule, that pomegranate is one of the healthiest and the most nutritious fruits. For healthy body recommend dose is one glass of pomegranate juice per day.
You can consume pomegranate juice in combination with carrot juice and beets juice. I recommend you a salad with pomegranate.
- 2 pomegranates
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon
- 1 carrot
Preparation: Cut apple and carrot on small pieces and place them in a bowl. Then peel and clean the pomegranate. Put it in the bowl to. Finally, squeeze the juice from the lemon and mix it well. You can consume it in the morning or as a snack.