Natural nectar is the main source of carbohydrates that bees make in sugar – glucose and fructose which are easily digestible sugars. This are the main ingredients of honey.
The ripe honey does not contains more than 15% of water.
Natural honey contains minerals like: magnesium, iron, calcium, selenium, iodine. Honey also contains amino acids, highly valuable organic acids, folic acid, pantothenic acid, flavonoids, proteins and vitamins like: C, D, E and B complex.
Honey immediately restores the lost body energy.
Honey as Remedy
- Has great antibacterial properties.
- Helps in cells and tissues recovery.
- Regularly use of honey improves the functions of the digestive system.
- Regularly use of honey significantly improves blood counts. Therefore honey is recommended for people who have problems with anemia.
- Improves functions of the blood vessels and the heart.
- Combination of honey and chopped garlic is used as a remedy for bronchitis.
- Hot tea with one tablespoon of honey is recommended against insomnia.
- Honey is a natural skin remedy. In the past, it is often used for skin treatment (anti-inflammation, against pimples, in treatment for dry skin and eczema, even in treating skin wounds).
- For skin hydration and healthy and silky skin, you can make a mask with honey, olive oil and a little lemon juice. Leave it for 15 to 30 minutes. Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- You can apply honey on pimples. With its antibacterial activity, honey destroys pimples. Honey also helps in treating dry skin and eczema.
- The simplest recipe is boiled water and honey. Apply on the face and leave it for 30 minutes. Than rinse it with lukewarm water or chamomile tea.
Regularly consuming of honey improves physical and psychological stability in the human body. Recommended minimum dosage of honey is one tablespoon per day. You can use honey as a natural sweetener in tea or milk. But It is important to know that in high temperature, honey lose its nutritional properties.