Cocoa belongs in nuts group. It is the most consumed nuts in the world. It was always believed that cocoa is food that is nutritious and helps in our health. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and antioxidants.
Despite in diet, cocoa has been used in medicine as well. Cocoa contains antioxidants which concentration is strong than antioxidants in red wine, green tea and blueberries. Certainly, these values are relate to the raw cocoa. Some of them are lost in the process of cocoa preparation as an end product for consumption.
Cocoa Health Benefits
- Powerful antioxidant (rich in zinc, selenium)
- Rich in flavonoids – help maintain blood vessels function, exchange the power of vitamin C, protect cells of oxygen damage and prevent inflammation process.
- Provides energy
- Rich in iron. Because or this it is recommend for people who have anemia
- Contains magnesium and chromium which balances blood sugar. Because of this cocoa is recommend for diabetics
- Rich in zinc and omega-6 fatty acids
- Improves liver function
- Nutrients in cocoa improve skin, hair and nails health
- Cocoa is an aphrodisiac
- Helps in reducing weight
Cocoa can be consumed as chocolate or hot beverage. You can choose chocolate with high percentage of cocoa.