Cinnamon is a herb that is used in many desserts and also is used as a home remedy against many diseases. Ingredients that are part of cinnamon, effect positively in mental and physical people health. Cinnamon is rich in vitamin A, vitamin K and minerals like potassium, magnesium and calcium. This ingredients help in reducing many diseases and also improve body function and people health.
You can find processed cinnamon in form of cinnamon sticks, powder or as a tea. If you need to take cinnamon as a remedy, better choice is tea cinnamon. Recommend dose is 1/2 to 1 teaspoon (2-4 grams) of powder a day.
Cinnamon Health Benefits
- Numerous studies has proved that cinnamon regulates blood sugar. Because of this cinnamon is recommended for diabetics.
- It has natural anti-infections compounds. Many studies has proved that continuous intake of cinnamon positively effects against ulcer causing H. pylori bacteria and other pathogens.
- Helps in problems with insomnia
- Improves blood count
- Reduces cholesterol
- Reduces stomach cramps and cramps in joints and muscles
- Positively effects in painful menstrual periods.
- Helps in infertility. Cinnamon contains natural chemical known as cinnamaldehyde. Studies shows that this substance increases the hormone progesterone and decreases testosterone production in women. In this way cinnamon helps in hormone balances.
- Researches at university of Texas has shown that cinnamon reduces the proliferation of cancer cells and reduces cancer growth.
- Reduces fatigue.