Coffee is one of the most popular drinks that the most of us consume every day. Researches showed that consuming coffee has positive and negative effects. Scientist says that consequences of caffeine and other compounds in the coffee, depends of the coffee quantity and quality. However, there are many chemicals that contribute positive or negative effects.
Benefits and Side Effects
- Coffee may cause stress, anxiety, irritability and decreases the quality of sleep.
- Substance cafestol triggers the rise of cholesterol levels.
- Too much coffee may increase the risk of blood clotting, heart attack, in difficult causes brain stroke.
- Caffeine can lead to calcium loss in the bones and increases the chances of osteoporosis.
- Many of chemicals in the coffee irritate the digestive system and lead to digestive disorders.
- Coffee causes rapid intestinal movement and leads to less nutrient absorption.
- Coffee stimulates more frequent urination and subsequent loss of various vitamins and minerals. A lack of fluids in the body also leads to dehydration and constipation.
- Coffee contains a lot of chemicals like: caffeine, creosote, tars and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, that can lead to cancer diseases.
- Too much coffee leads to adrenal exhaustion.
- Coffee increases cortisol production – hormone that has a huge role in stress, inflammation and indications for diet therapy.
- Coffee leads to inability to conceive, miscarriages, low birth weight, birth defects, premature birth.
- Coffee is rich in antioxidants that help in preventing of many diseases.
- Coffee has antidepressant features. Many researches have proved that coffee boosts the memory and reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Coffee is a stimulant that keeps you awake.
- Caffeine dilates the brain arteries and can reduce migrena.
- Coffee speeds up your metabolism.
- Compounds in the coffee prevent muscle pain during and after training.
- Caffeine acts as a bronchodilator and widens the airways in the lungs and may relieve the symptoms of asthma such as wheezing and breathlessness.
- Coffee reduces the risk of gallstones.
- The combination of chemicals contained in the coffee beans lower the risk of diabetes tip 2.
However, good quality coffee in moderate amounts is healthy.