Spirulina is highly nutritious blue-green algae. For a long time the spirulina has been well known and widely used as a dietary supplement by some communities.
Spirulina can be found in freshwater environments – rivers, lakes. This plant grows under the following conditions: tropical weather, strong sunshine, pure water resource (alkaline water), pollution free environment. The spirulina absorbs sunshine and then starts chemical reaction reactions in its cells. The cells create nutrition and oxygen from sunlight and carbon dioxide.
This plant contains over 100 nutrients. It is rich in vitamin A, vitamin K, B vitamins (especially B12), iron, calcium, magnesium, selenium, copper, chromium, phosphorus, sodium, beta carotene (alpha, beta, gamma and xanthophylls), proteins, chlorophyll, lipids, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, nucleic acids, gamma-Linolein acid, essential amino acids (tryptophan).
About 60% of spirulina’s dry weight is protein, which is essential for cells growth and regeneration. The spirulina doesn’t contains vitamin C but, helps maintain vitamin C potency and helps absorbing of other nutrients as well.
Researches has showed that nutritions in spirulina improve human metabolism, prevent diseases and reduce cancer occurrence.
It is a good replacement for meat and milk products. Especially is good for vegetarians and vegans.
Spiruluna Health Benefits
- Essential for healthy tissues and nerves.
- Stimulates beneficial flora like lactobacillus and bifidobacteria and suppresses bad bacteria like E-coli and Candida yeast in the digestive tract, promotes healthy digestion and proper bowel function.
- Rich in proteins that help build muscle mass.
- Powerful antioxidant which fight against free radicals adsorbed by the body through pollution, poor diet, stress. By removing of the free radicals, nutrients improve the immune system.
- Compounds in spirulina improve skin, hair and nails health. It is ideal anti-aging food.
- Tryptophan helps creating serotonin – neurotransmitter that is responsible for maintaining mood balance.
- Gamma-Linolein acid reduces “bad” cholesterol LDL and reduces cardiovascular diseases.
- Helps reducing allergic reactions.
- Helps removing toxins. Researches in children in Chernobyl has been proved that regularly intake of spirulina helps toxins ejection.
Who Should Use Spirulina?
- Children who have imbalanced food intake.
- Teenagers during their rapid growing period.
- Pregnant women.
- Elderly people who have problems with nutrient absorption.
- Sportists who need extra nutrients to keep their energy up.
- Vegans and vegetarians
- Modern busy people who have not time to eat healthy food
Spirulina is a incredible source of supplementary food, available in form of tablets and powder. Take only with cold or warm water, no juices, tea or soft drinks. 30 minutes before and after spirulina intake avoid alcohol, coffee, soft drinks and tea. Take at least half a liter of water per day. If you choose spirulina, please consult your doctor about your health condition, side effects and daily intake.